Cracking the Comparative - Teacher Workshop
Presenter: Amy Farrell
Location: Glenview Hotel, Glen of the Downs, Wicklow
Date: Saturday 20th January 2018
Time: 09:30 to 13:00
Please print out your order confirmation as your ticket and bring it with you on the day.
Amy approaches the Comparative Study from a teacher's perspective, mindful of the difficulties involved in preparing students to reach their potential in this challenging area of the Leaving Cert English course.
Workshops cover aspects such as:
- Choosing text combinations
- Teaching the Comparative Study Modes
- Improving student understanding and approach
- Making meaningful comparisons
- Scaffolding student learning
- Exam preparation
Support materials, including sample Leaving Cert English Comparative Mode answers will be provided on the morning of the workshop.
Cancellations Policy - In the event that a course or event is cancelled for any reason, participants will be notified prior to the commencement of the course and a full refund will be issued.
All cancellation requests should be made by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following conditions apply to workshop cancellations:
- 100% return of fee if sufficient notice from the participant (i.e. not less than 10 working days.)
- 50% return of fee if the participant notifies us 48 hours prior to the commencement of the course.
- No refund if the participant does not notify us at least 48 hours prior to the commencement of the event.